It’s National Wiggle Your Toes Day!
National Wiggle Your Toes Day is August 6th and it is a day to honor the amazing feats our toes accomplish! Here are a few interesting facts to prove how important these little digits can be:
- Your toenails can hold clues to your overall health.
- One of the NFL’s best linebackers, Jack Lambert eventually lost his career to a toe injury.
- In 2008, Jessica Cox, a 25-year-old woman born without arms became the first pilot licensed to fly with her feet.
- The foot contains ¼ of the bones in the human body and 14 bones work together to form your toes, which enable you to stand and walk!
It is important to keep your feet in shape, so on this special day take the opportunity to truly wiggle your toes! Drs. Joel Brook and David Northcutt, foot specialists in Texas encourage their patients to regularly perform foot exercises. Similar to the rest of your body, your feet benefit from a little workout as well:
- Flex and point your toes for several repetitions a few times a day.
- Sit in a chair and place a towel on the floor beneath your feet. Scrunch up the towel with your toes to bring it towards you.
- Pick up small objects, such as marbles, with your toes.
- Wrap an elastic band around all five of your toes. Expand your toes for five seconds before releasing and then repeat five times on each foot.
Healthy feet are happy feet, and a little effort and attention goes a long way. If your feet have been neglected and are now suffering with pain or fungal problems, please contact Dallas Podiatry Works for help. We have two convenient locations to serve you so call us today in Dallas, TX (972) 566-7474 or Plano, TX (972) 943-3323.
If you are living with less than perfect toenails this summer, we would also love to send you a copy of our book, The End of Your Ugly Toenails. Don’t wait to get your free copy today!
Join the 50,000 happy feet that have found relief at Dallas Podiatry Works! Our Dallas podiatrist provides 5-star-rated foot and ankle care. Our advanced foot care includes children's foot care, foot and ankle sports injuries, stem cell therapy, bunion treatment, toenail restoration, toenail fungus treatment, hammertoe treatment, claw toe treatment, neuroma treatment, heel pain relief, limb salvage, wound care, arthritis treatment, boutique foot services, corn removals, callus removals, wart removals and more.
Come experience Dallas Podiatry Works of Dallas, TX and Plano, TX! You will see for yourself that our podiatrists, foot doctors and foot specialists provide 5-star-rated foot and ankle care in Dallas TX, Plano TX, Frisco TX, McKinney TX, Richardson TX, Garland TX, Rockwall TX, Allen TX, Arlington TX and Fort Worth TX. Call 972.566.7474