Knee Walkers: Helpful Tools for Recovery!
Are you struggling to get around after a foot or ankle injury?
If you have sustained an injury recently that needs to heal or had surgery to correct a foot or ankle problem, the right rehabilitation is essential. A big part of the treatment and rehabilitation process is immobilization and often periods of non-weight bearing.
This is not always an easy thing to handle as most of us lead very busy lives. Having to keep weight off of a foot can limit where you are able to go, how you get there, and how much you can do. When patients of Drs. Joel Brook and David Northcutt, foot specialists in Dallas, TX, have to live with a period of non-weight bearing, knee walkers are often encouraged.
There are many benefits to using a knee walker over crutches when you need to stay off one of your feet:
- Your shoulders, arms and hands do not get fatigued as they do with crutches.
- The knee pad ensures your leg is properly elevated and supported.
- You can remain hands free when standing.
- With crutches, the foot is often dangling making it prone to re-injury.
- A knee walker enables you to stay balanced, while crutches are often cumbersome and hard to coordinate.
- A knee pad uses both legs to balance so muscle atrophy isn’t as likely
- When using a knee pad, you stay in an upright position which reduces back strain.
Whether you are struggling with crutches or have a surgery coming up, please talk to our podiatrists about using a knee walker. It can make your recovery time that much easier to handle. Call us today at (972) 566-7474 in Dallas, TX or (972) 943-3323 in Plano, TX or set up an appointment with our knowledgable and compassionate podiatrists online today.
Join the 50,000 happy feet that have found relief at Dallas Podiatry Works! Our Dallas podiatrist provides 5-star-rated foot and ankle care. Our advanced foot care includes children's foot care, foot and ankle sports injuries, stem cell therapy, bunion treatment, toenail restoration, toenail fungus treatment, hammertoe treatment, claw toe treatment, neuroma treatment, heel pain relief, limb salvage, wound care, arthritis treatment, boutique foot services, corn removals, callus removals, wart removals and more.
Come experience Dallas Podiatry Works of Dallas, TX and Plano, TX! You will see for yourself that our podiatrists, foot doctors and foot specialists provide 5-star-rated foot and ankle care in Dallas TX, Plano TX, Frisco TX, McKinney TX, Richardson TX, Garland TX, Rockwall TX, Allen TX, Arlington TX and Fort Worth TX. Call 972.566.7474