MediCureNow – The Medical Pedicure
The idea of a pedicure begins with good intentions. You just want to send your hard-working feet a little extra love and attention. Sitting back in a chair and letting someone else work on your toes and skin can feel refreshing and relieve a lot of stress and tension. The problem arises in the fact that you have to be certain that the nail salon you choose practices hygienic procedures and that they are effective. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. We think you deserve to be pampered without concerns, so we are proud to offer MediCureNow – the medical pedicure.
Beware of Salon Pedicures
Did you know that it takes at least 10 minutes for sterilizing agents at nail salons to be effective? If not, how can you be sure that the people taking care of your feet are really taking care of your feet?
The reason sterilization is so important in the foot care industry is because feet are a breeding ground for microorganisms. Fungus and bacteria thrive in warm, dark environments and do not require sunlight to survive. Kind of sounds like your feet—or someone else’s!—when they are covered in footwear. For this reason, the American Academy of Dermatology warns that getting a pedicure does include health risks including fungal infections and bacterial skin infections. That’s why we are happy to offer a worry-free option with MediCureNow.
If you do choose to go to a salon, keep in mind these measures that you should take to minimize the risk of infection:
- Make sure that each appointment begins at least ten minutes after the previous one.
- Inquire about sanitation procedures and ask to see the facility’s license, along with that of the nail technician who will work on your nails.
- Visually inspect the salon and worker practices yourself. As soon as you see any warning signs—dirty floor, tools being dropped and not sanitized before use, etc.—head right back out the door.
More About MediCureNow
As they say, it’s better to be safe than sorry! Entrepreneurs and athletes often have to gamble in certain situations—but this shouldn’t be the case when you get a pedicure. Well, not to worry—Dallas Podiatry Works is proud to eliminate the risk by now offering medical pedicures!
MediCureNow is a safe, hygienic pedicure performed in an environment that is guaranteed clean (to medical standards) and performed by our team of experienced professionals. During this process, we will:
- Shape and clip your nails. Given our expertise in podiatry, we know that nails have to be trimmed properly to help reduce your risk of ingrown toenails. We will also recognize any abnormalities that may require actual treatment. (A service you do not find at the nail salon down the block.)
- Clean and exfoliate your feet thoroughly. We will safely smooth out any rough patches, which can help to relieve discomfort and reduce your risk for developing cracks in the skin. This also helps to increase the effectiveness of the next step…
- A Complete and luxurious moisturizing treatment. Our professionals use a special cream (Gormel Cream) to trap in moisture and keep your skin healthy and clean. But wait, there’s more!
- The perfect massage. There is barely anything in this world as relaxing as a massage and we will pamper your feet with our expertise and know-how.