Treating Common Foot Issues
There are a couple of times during the year that are particularly enjoyable for sports fans. With both college and professional levels of football, basketball, and hockey seasons in session, there is an abundance of games for fans to watch. Of course, and at the risk of being a Debby Downer, this also means there is an abundance of games in which athletes can become injured.
No matter if you are rooting for our Dallas Mavericks, Cowboys, or Stars, there is a chance that a favorite player might get hurt. This is simply the nature of being physically active, which is why treating common foot issues includes many sports injuries. We treat a lot of patients who get hurt on the fields, courts, and ice, but some of the common conditions don’t even stem from athletic participation!
Some of the issues we treat on a frequent basis include:
- Plantar fasciitis – The most common cause of heel pain, treatment for this condition is often conservative (nonsurgical) in nature. Stretches, rest, and ice can all be effective in improving the issue.
- Athlete’s foot – Deceptively named, athlete’s foot can strike anyone who has feet. This fungal infection is usually treated successfully with the use of over-the-counter products, but severe cases may require professional treatment.
- Toe deformities – Bunions, bunionettes, hammertoes, and other related toe deformities require surgical procedures to actually correct the condition, but we can often manage the symptoms and prevent the condition from worsening with conservative care.
- Corns and calluses – These common skin conditions are the result of friction on the skin. Treatment can entail soaking and the use of a pumice stone or emery board.
- Ingrown toenails – Treatment for an ingrown toenail will depend on the severity of the condition and whether or not it is recurring. Conservative care might be sufficient, but sometimes nail removal is needed.
Contact us today by calling toll-free (888) 716-5283 or schedule your appointment at either our Plano or Dallas, TX offices by filling out our online form.
When you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, you have many options for treating common foot issues. If you want first-class treatment provided by knowledgeable, highly-skilled foot specialists who sincerely care about every patient that comes through the front door, then you should come see us here at Dallas Podiatry Works. We will provide an accurate diagnosis and create an effective treatment plan specifically for you.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Treatment for Common Foot Issues | Sports Injuries"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."