Home Help for Varicose Veins
It’s been almost two weeks since the furry prognosticators have either decreed “early spring” or “six more weeks of winter”—depending on which groundhog you prefer for weather forecasts—but your meteorological experts here at Dallas Podiatry Works assure you that spring will definitely be here at some point this year. (We should probably stick to podiatry.) The thought of shorts, skirts, and swimwear can make someone with varicose veins nervous, but we can help!
Many people who have distended veins only require home treatment. With this in mind, here are home remedies to manage the condition:
- Exercise. Physical activity can help improve, or prevent in the first place, a wide array of conditions, including this one. Walking is especially beneficial, as it promotes blood flow in your legs. If you need assistance in developing a workout plan, contact our office.
- Daily diet. Much like exercise, giving thought to what you eat can contribute to healthy veins. A low-salt diet will prevent or decrease the swelling caused from water retention. Additionally, bringing your weight down will take excess pressure off your veins.
- Clothing. Diet and exercise are more obvious choices with regard to tackling a physical condition, but your clothing choices play a role, too. Compression stockings can relieve symptoms and even slow the progress of this particular condition. Forgo high heels and choose low-heeled shoes that work your calf muscles. Avoid tight clothes, especially around your waist, groin, and legs. Tight garments in these areas can cut off circulation.
- Elevation. You can promote healthy circulation in your legs by elevating them above heart level a couple of times during the day. Lie down while resting your legs on a couple of pillows several times a day.
- Movement. We’ve already touched on exercise, but it’s also important to move just so you aren’t in the same position for an extended period of time. Change your position frequently and make sure you move around every half an hour or so.
No matter what your foot or ankle ailment might be, whether varicose veins, shin splints, or flat feet, Dallas Podiatry Works will provide the effective treatment you need. We are podiatric experts who serve the Dallas, Plano, Irving, Las Colinas, and Coppell, TX communities. Our offices are conveniently located in Dallas and Plano, so contact us today by calling toll free (888) 716-5283 or using our online form.
Photo credit: robertaiuto via pixabay.com
1 Comments to "Treating Varicose Veins | Home Remedies | Plano, Texas"
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Treating Varicose Veins | Home Remedies | Plano, Texas"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."