Staying Safe at Your Next Pedicure
It doesn’t get any better than watching scary movies the last night of October. Whether you choose Halloween, Friday the 13th, or any of the other horror classics, you will find that there tips to staying safe in a scary movie: Stay with your group and don’t split up. Screaming doesn’t get you anywhere – running does. As you’re running, do not look back—there’s nothing you want to see back there anyhow! As if scary movies weren’t bad enough, another Halloween horror could be going for a pedicure before your big party and coming home with a fungal infection. Fortunately, we have some tips for getting a safe pedicure!
- If you have diabetes, make sure the nail salon knows in advance. When you do, request that the technician working on your feet takes extra care to be gentle. He or she should already know not to clip nails too short or leave sharp edges, but it doesn’t hurt to give a reminder.
- Keep a critical mindset when evaluating cleanliness. Check out the floors, footbaths, and filters and observe disinfection practices they are actually performing. This is crucial to prevent fungal infections. If you see anything scary, run like you are being chased by a monster. (Well, you don’t have to literally run, but definitely leave if the environment makes you uncomfortable.)
- Make sure the salon has the appropriate licenses and certifications. In addition to making sure they have this documentation, check that it is current and not expired.
- Do not shave your legs first. This is a common mistake, but shaving creates the opportunity for nicks or scrapes that could invite infection in—a scary thought!
- Schedule an appointment at Dallas Podiatry Works!
Want the assurance that you will be safe at your pedicure? Then schedule yours today at Dallas Podiatry Works! You know that we will provide the expert foot and ankle care that you need, but we also offer medical pedicure services in a clean environment (based on medical standards!) performed by foot specialists who care about not only how your feet look, but also their health.Schedule your appointment for MediCureNow at Dallas Podiatry Works by calling toll-free at (888) 716-5283, or simply fill out our online form today!
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Medical Pedicure | Dallas Podiatry Works"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."