How to Eliminate Shoe Odor
The first day of school for the Dallas Independent School District is this upcoming Monday (8/22), so hopefully you and your children are ready! In preparing for a new school year, you likely followed a checklist of some sort. This would probably include things like buying school supplies, making lunch preparations (whether cafeteria or “brown bagging”), and registering for classes (which is kind of important).
Now, we know you don’t want your child to have stinky shoes—no matter if it’s the first or last day of school—so we have prepared our own list of ways to eliminate shoe odor. If you find that your child’s footwear isn’t smelling so fresh, you may want to try:
- Washing them. Take out the laces and insoles, and then place the shoes in a pillow case. Tie the open end, and then place the case in the washer. Use a cycle around 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit, and then do a second cycle after the first is done. Take the shoes out of the case and let them air dry before your child wears them again.
- Drying them out. Many times, the source of the offensive odor is bacterial growth, which requires moisture to thrive. Take out the laces, lift the tongue out, and then place the shoes in a sunny spot to dry out.
- Purchasing cedar wood insoles. Cedar wood is antifungal, can help prevent odor, and it smells fresh, all of which make it a great option to eliminate shoe odor.
- Inserting fabric softener sheets. Take one or two new dryer sheets, ball them up, and place them in the shoes after your child wears them to wick away moisture and leave a pleasant aroma.
- Using fresh citrus fruit peels. The essential oils in citrus fruits provide clean, distinct scents, so place a couple of fresh peels in your child’s shoes and leave them there overnight. Remove the peels in the morning.
These are just a few tips for eliminating shoe odor, but we have more if you need them. Call Dallas Podiatry Works at (972) 566-7474 to reach our Dallas office or (972) 943-3323 to reach our Plano, TX office for more information. While on the line, request your appointment with either location, or take advantage of our online form to reach us today.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How to Eliminate Shoe Odor"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."