Top Lower Limb Exercises for Desk Workers
Some people think that exercise resolutions are cliché—everyone makes them, but no one sticks with them come March. We are inclined to think that if you resolve to improve your physical health, you are off to a brilliant start. There are tactics that can make resolutions more successful—like writing them down or enlisting help—and using them will aid in your success. Another technique is to get in a workout at the place where you spend so many hours of your day…the office!
Once upon a time, the “work” that was necessary for survival was quite physical in nature. As technology and civilization progressed, this became less the case. In our modern life, it is entirely possible to spend most of your time sitting in cars, at your desk, and on the couch to relax after a long day. We recommend taking advantage of your time at work and getting in a little exercise at the office.
Lower limb exercises for desk workers include:
- Walking during lunch hour. This not only works your lower limbs, but also improves your cardio conditioning as well.
- One-legged squats (performed while holding onto a table or wall for support). These can be done while waiting for copies or slow webpages to load.
- Leg extensions. This is one of the desk exercises that is more subtle and can be done at almost any time. Simply extend your right leg straight out in front of you and hold for two seconds. When you lower it, stop short of the floor and hold for several seconds before raising the leg back up. Do a set of 15 and then switch legs.
- Running in place. Find an empty conference room or stairwell and pump those legs, getting your knees high, for 60 seconds. Rest for 30 seconds and then do another set.
- Walking up stairs. Going up stairs is a good way to raise your heart rate and give your legs a workout. If you want to make it more challenging, take two steps at a time!
Whether you work out at the office, or find time to get to the gym, Dallas Podiatry Works is here for you if you sustain any foot or ankle injuries when you exercise. We provide expert treatment for all foot or ankle problems. Simply call our office toll free at (888) 716-5283 or schedule an appointment online today!
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Top 5 Lower Limb Exercises for Desk Workers"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."